Monday, April 24, 2006

Hope for Cali



this is an audio post - click to play

Sunday was very intense. I spent the entire day screening interviews. Over the weeks that now separate me from my time in Colombia, the impact of the people I'd met and the emotional stories they'd revealed to me had begun to fade. It has now been renewed and strengthened tenfold! It was difficult to watch the interviews one right after another... several days of shooting condensed into one long day of viewing.

I ended the evening by screening some footage we shot at Colegio Americano in the San Marcos barrio, where the children sang for us and performed traditional dances. They waved little paper flags... ours and theirs. Moments like these give us hope for Colombia's future.

The transcription of the Spanish-language interviews began tonight. Translation into English will follow shortly. At this point, we are on target for debuting the documentary in September. To help offset production costs, you're invited to send your tax-deductible donations to Shepherd's Rest, 605 Lake Scene Dr., Eddyville, KY 42038. Earmark donation for Hogar Samaria Video.
(photo by P.Richelle White)

No comments: